DENİZLİ METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY
4. INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST SPECIFICATIONS
SUBJECT: War and Peace
We are living in days when the discomfort and pain caused by war are increasing and are affecting all humanity around the world, regardless of race, gender, age or belief. Unfortunately, since the world was founded, there have been wars that disrupted the peace of societies, states, in short, the world; however, it is unacceptable that wars are increasing despite the development of science and technology and the corresponding increase in the level of civilization. On the contrary, peace should rule the world. With the developing world and the developing human mind, people's understanding should also develop and peace and happiness should be built in the world. Of course, there are states, communities, non-governmental organizations and voluntary organizations that strive for this issue, but the whole world must embrace it and strive so that a permanent world peace can be achieved.
On the other hand, if we think more minimally, peace should first be achieved within the family, among the members of the society, and within the borders of the states. If every individual, every society, every state adopts and implements this understanding, this understanding will form the basis of ensuring world peace.
As emphasized above, a peaceful world should be at the top of the goals to be achieved for humanity. This should be adopted as a goal rather than an aspiration, and all humanity should work together to achieve this goal.
We wholeheartedly embrace the words of the great leader Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey, "Peace at home, peace in the world", which indicates peace. For this reason, we stand by our state at every point where we can contribute to peace. Additionally, as Denizli Metropolitan Municipality; we contribute to the awareness of our people through social activities, seminars, conferences and training programs.
The reason why we have determined the subject as "War and Peace" is to bring to the agenda again that war is unacceptable regardless of the opinions of the parties and that a peaceful world is the key to a happy and peaceful life for humanity and even all living and non-living creatures, and to contribute to the awareness of our people and humanity.
I wish success to all our artist friends, expressing our belief that you will help us with the interesting and original cartoons you will produce in this regard.
Denizli Metropolitan Municipality
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- The topic of the contest: War and Peace
- Deadline: Cartoons must be uploaded on eng.denizli.bel.tr/karikaturyarismasi/ (official municipality website) until 12.00 (a.m) February 25th 2024, on Sunday.
- The contest is open to amateur and professional cartoonists all over the world.
- Whether or not the cartoons sent to the contest have been published or not in previous contests will not be questioned. However, the cartoons you will send must not have been awarded in another contest before. Cartoons that the selection committee (jury) deems the same or similar to another cartoonist’s creation will not be evaluated.
- You can participate in the contest with a maximum of three cartoons.
- Cartoonists will send their cartoons digitally to enter our contest. Every cartoon must be in A4 size, between 150-300 dpi, JPEG format with a minimum capacity of 1 MB and a maximum capacity of 10 MB.
- Among the received cartoons, some of them will be chosen and collected in a cartoon album by the jury. The cartoons deemed worthy to be exhibited will also be displayed whenever and wherever Denizli Metropolitan Municipality deems suitable. No fee will be paid for the cartoons chosen by the jury for the exhibition and the album.
- One-night accommodation and meal expenses of the winners of the cartoon contest will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
- Selection committee (The Jury Members):
* Serhat Akbulut (Assistant General Secretary)
* Hüdaverdi Otaklı (Head of Culture and Social Affairs Department) - Coordinator
* Arif Duru (Director of Culture and Art)
* Samet Başer (Director of Tourism and Publicity)
* Gülsün Sağlık (Director of Educational Services)
* Şevket Yalaz (Cartoonist)
* Savaş Ünlü (Humourist)
* Mehmet Selçuk (Cartoonist)
* Abdülkadir Uslu (Cartoonist)
* Altan Özeskici (Cartoonist)
* Ali Şur (Cartoonist)
* Kübra DELİGÖZ (Cartoonist)
First Prize Winner : 20.000 TL
Second Prize Winner : 15.000 TL
Third Prize Winner : 10.000 TL
Honorable Mentions (3 pieces) : 5.000 TL
The Prize for Under 18 Years Old (3 pieces) : 3.000 TL
11. The Calendar of The Contest:
A. The deadline of application for the contest is February 25th 2024, 12.00 (a.m) on Sunday.
B. The evaluation meeting of the jury will be conducted on March 2nd and March 3rd 2024.
C. Announcement of the results: The results will be announced on the official websites of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality ‘’https://www.denizli.bel.tr and eng.denizli.bel.tr ‘’ on March 8th 2024, on Friday.
D. Prize-giving Ceremony and Exhibition: The prize-giving ceremony and the exhibition will be organized in Turan Bahadır Exhibition Hall on March 15th 2024, on Friday. (The date and the location of the prize-giving ceremony and the exhibition can be changed by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.)
12. Whether the cartoons get rewarded or not, Denizli Metropolitan Municipality will become the right owner to use all the cartoons along with the participants’ names clearly mentioned, in accordance with the law No.5846.
The participants will have accepted that the rights of use of their works will be transferred to Denizli Metropolitan Municipality free of charge to be used in all activities, promotions, events and trainings of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality. In addition, The Municipality has the rights of use of their works for providing materials such as posters, catalogues, brochures, gifted books etc. and publishing them in the media. Furthermore, Denizli Metropolitan Municipality also has the rights of use of their works to reproduce, disseminate, distribute and demonstrate.
The works of the participants, whether or not they received an award, can be used in print media, radio and television and also other mass media in accordance with the purposes of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality, from the moment of the delivery. Moreover, the participants will have accepted and undertook that Denizli Metropolitan Municipality takes over the rights of use of the their works by means of broadcasts on the internet, brochures, catalogues, agendas, posters, CDs, DVDs and all digital media or calendars.
The participant declares that the work sent to the contest belongs entirely to herself/himself. Due to this work, the participant undertakes that she/he is the sole and absolute addressee of the requests of third parties that may arise from Law No:5846 (Intellectual and Artistic Works) and other laws. Besides, the participant also accepts that the legal and criminal responsibility for the work belongs entirely to himself/herself. In addition, the participant undertakes that Denizli Metropolitan Municipality does not have any legal and criminal liability regarding the matters forementioned (the right of recourse to the owner of the work is reserved).
The right of the works belongs to the owner of the work and to Denizli Metropolitan Municipality as the organizing institution of the contest.
13. Participants are deemed to have already accepted the terms & conditions of the contest and jury decisions. If a disagreement arises between Denizli Metropolitan Municipality and a contestant in regards to undefined matters in the agreement, or in case of any doubts, the selection committee (jury) will arbitrate between both sides. In case of any disagreement, the commitee will be authorized.
14. Contact Information:
Kübra Deligöz (Artist of Culture and Social Affairs Department /Cartoonist)
Mobile: +90 (554) 647 26 85
Telephone central: +90 (258) 280 20 20
Website: http://www.denizli.bel.tr// - eng.denizli.bel.tr
Address: Denizli Büyükşehir Belediyesi, Altıntop Neighborhood, Lise Street, No:2 Postalcode:20100/Denizli
1. Accommodation and meal expenses of the award winning participants living outside of Denizli, within the borders of Turkey, will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
2. Accommodation and meal expenses of award winning minors and his/her one parent, within the borders of Turkey, will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
3. Transportation and accommodation expenses of the jury members who will attend the prize-giving ceremony will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
4. The prizes of the award winning participants will be sent to their addresses if they can’t attend the prize-giving ceremony and their prize money will be transffered to their bank account. If a right owner getting prize money doesn’t share their IBAN informations, his/her prize money right will expire one year after the date of announcing the results. If the condition of expiration happens, the right owner can’t claim any right about a reward, copyright, etc. (Transfer fees will be deducted from the net fee paid to the contestants.)
5. Among the received cartoons, some of them will be chosen and collected in a digital album by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality. This album will be shared on the official website of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.